Please note. . .

Don't Be Silent DC has been inactive since March 2008 and has not been accepting entries since. If you are in the DC area and have a harassment story to share, please go to HollaBack DC. If you are outside the DC area and want to submit your story, go to Stop Street Harassment. Thank you.


As of 3/1/08, I will no longer be working on this blog. Please read this post for more details.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Ja'Makin Me Crazy



My forms class for martial arts is later in the evening, and by the time I get back to my neighborhood it's at least a 20 minute wait for the bus---maybe more, because we know WMATA never runs on time. I'd rather take the quick ten minute walk than wait lord knows how long for a bus that may or may not come in a desolate Metro station.

So on my way home, this fool with a Jamaican accent tries to ask me for money. I said "I don't have what you're asking for, and I don't want what you're trying to offer me. It's late...leave me alone." And you know I'm not normally that polite. This fool went from sweettalking to cursing me out, calling me "bitch," and telling me "ya know you want it!"

By the time I pulled out my cell phone, this fool had dashed across the street, trying to bother more people. I wish I had my actual camera so I could've zoomed in and gotten a better shot of his raggedy self.

If the bus ran more frequently late at night then I wouldn't have to put up with this mess. And it sucks, because the neighborhood is usually pretty nice.

No comments: