Please note. . .

Don't Be Silent DC has been inactive since March 2008 and has not been accepting entries since. If you are in the DC area and have a harassment story to share, please go to HollaBack DC. If you are outside the DC area and want to submit your story, go to Stop Street Harassment. Thank you.


As of 3/1/08, I will no longer be working on this blog. Please read this post for more details.

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Taking Back the Streets

Reader Si didn't remain silent in dealing with catcalling men. Here's her story:

Yesterday I was walking with my husband along the 600 block of M street past the 20 or so guys who always hang out on the south side of the block. as I go past I hear "Jugs of Joy!" I had to turn around and yell at the guy that he was rude & shouldn't be saying $hit like that to me...

That block gets really bad in the warm weather, my neighbors have complained a lot about that bunch. (I'm with the neighborhood association MVSNA) I sent an email to the property manager - the block is mostly owned by United House of Prayer.


Good job in not taking that mess and taking action. I hope they do get those losers off the street.

No comments: