Please note. . .

Don't Be Silent DC has been inactive since March 2008 and has not been accepting entries since. If you are in the DC area and have a harassment story to share, please go to HollaBack DC. If you are outside the DC area and want to submit your story, go to Stop Street Harassment. Thank you.


As of 3/1/08, I will no longer be working on this blog. Please read this post for more details.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Female Harasser

A lot of these stories portray men as harassers and women as the receivers of harassment, but that's definitely not always the case. Ramone tells the story of a woman who harassed him:

Hi Golden Silence,

I love the blog and wanted to share my own story with you, I'm a guy, but I think most stories of harassment are similar, regardless of gender. I was at a local dance club, just out with some friends, trying to have a good time and unwind from the week. I wasn't looking for a girlfriend, as I'm pretty much staying away from relationships right now (I've been hurt too much recently).

So I'm out dancing and a girl asks me if she can buy me a drink. I politely decine and continue to dance. Ten minutes later, the same girl comes up to me and begins grinding against me, shoving her ass right into my crotch area. I walk away from her but she zooms around to the other side of me and starts rubbing her front against me, saying "you know you want it daddy." I just screamed at her, "Bitch, you aren't my daddy! Get away from me." She called me a faggot and threw a drink in my face. After that, they threw me out of the club.

I was really creeped out by this whole incident, not too mention humiliated by this girl and then assualted by the bouncer. I had to get this off my chest, I've had it with these over aggressive women.


The thing that bothers me is that even though the girl was the one doing the aggressive acts, Ramone was the one kicked out of the club. Once again, we need to realize that men aren't always the perpetrators and that women aren't always the victims. The roles do switch.

No comments: