Please note. . .

Don't Be Silent DC has been inactive since March 2008 and has not been accepting entries since. If you are in the DC area and have a harassment story to share, please go to HollaBack DC. If you are outside the DC area and want to submit your story, go to Stop Street Harassment. Thank you.


As of 3/1/08, I will no longer be working on this blog. Please read this post for more details.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Update

Si has an update to her previous submission:

Congrats! [regarding mention in Washington City Paper]

Oh oh this is tooo funny (and gross).

Okay...a couple days ago I was walking up 19th by Dupont sipping my coffee, zoning out to NPR. I glance over to a parked car (black BMW) because the occupant was a very large beefy man in a white tank top that really contrasted with his very dark skin. As I walked by I did a double-take because he was splayed out in the front seat, windows all open, staring me down & er...pleasuring himself slowly. Showing it all. My reaction was a combination of EW!, WTF??!!, and a lot of chuckling as I kept walking. I bumped into my father-in-law across the street and warned him to look away.

P.S. The "Jugs of Joy" group are now polite when I go by!


While I'm sorry you had to look at that mess on a nice walk, I'm glad the men from your previous story are leaving you alone. It just shows that speaking up and taking action does wonders.

No comments: