Please note. . .

Don't Be Silent DC has been inactive since March 2008 and has not been accepting entries since. If you are in the DC area and have a harassment story to share, please go to HollaBack DC. If you are outside the DC area and want to submit your story, go to Stop Street Harassment. Thank you.


As of 3/1/08, I will no longer be working on this blog. Please read this post for more details.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Harassment at Work

I just got this in my inbox from Mari:

This isn't street harassment, but maybe you could include this on your site to raise some support. I am being sexually harassed by the President of the non-profit I work for, and the organization is just trying to cover it
up. The whole story is at http://www.socatwork.net.

If you can include the web site on your site somehow,
maybe someone will notice and help.


Good luck in your case, Mari. The workplace should be a safe haven for everyone who works there, not a place of unwanted sexual harassment.

3 comments:

M.Dot. said...

THIS BLOG IS THE FRESHEST SH*T I HAVE SEEN TODAY.

Keep it up.

SO NECESSARY.

MJW said...

I don't know what happened, but Mari's website now redirects to Yahoo. One suspects that her company found the page and shut it down.

However, a cached version can be found here.

Don't Be Silent DC said...

Yesterday it booted me back to Yahoo...today it's listed as "under construction."

I hope the site can stay online with no problems!